How to build a project based on RIC?
The process of connecting to the platform Rightech IoT Cloud consists of three main steps. Each of them implies several actions, which are given below in a generalized form. The real practice of the implementation is more difficult, but with the support of Rightech specialists, any project will be embodied into reality.
Step 1 – connecting and configurating devices:
1. Selection of devices. To get started, you need to identify the devices that are best suited for implementing your business idea.
2. Connection to the platform. Depending on the capabilities of the devices, connect them directly, using a software agent or via an IoT router. During connection, specify the platform address and port in the equipment settings in accordance with the device protocol.
3. Creating and configuring the model. In the platform administration module, select the finished one or create your own virtual device model. Distribute devices to access groups and appoint models to devices.
4. Customize data processing. For devices that are not able to send finished data, or in case filtering or indirect measurements set the processing parameters in the device management module and start streaming processing.
Now the platform accepts and processes data from your devices, and you can proceed to Step 2.
Step 2 – creating templates, designing business logic:
1. Creating templates. In the interface of the logic editor, create a new template, add logical system states and conditions for transitions between these states. Complete the template with actions and events from your device models
2. Adding templates to containers. Add a new container for the object of control, load the developed logic template into it and start implementation.
Now your devices implement business logic and execute commands. You can go to the last step.
Step 3 — integration of applications with the platform:
1. Setting the user API. In the administration module, add a user of the “АPI” type and define access rights for it.
2. Connecting of applications. Connect the back-end of your mobile applications or other system by API to the platform.
Now you can manage business processes, start and stop the necessary scenarios, manage the process of interpreting the scenarios using the events that your back-end generates.