Rightech IoT Cloud v2.4
July 12, 2021
We are glad to present to you the next release of Rightech IoT Cloud. In this update, we have expanded the functionality of the core platform tools.
The main changes in the platform:
We have added a new model mode – preview. Now in the model editor it is possible to see how the state of the object and the interface for sending commands will look like in the log.
New model node type – Configuration
A new one has been added to the existing types of nodes – Configuration. The configuration data is filled in on the Object Editing tab. Configuration are parameters whose values are set by the user. They can be used in Logic scripts, handlers, etc. In essence, nodes with the Configuration type are constants that are needed to store additional information about an object. This can be, for example, the maximum permissible temperature, the volume of the fuel tank, the duration of operation, etc. Previously, for these purposes, a node of the Argument type was used with the Write to configuration setting enabled. Upon release, these changes will automatically be applied to all custom models.
Now you can choose your own icon for each model. All objects with such a model will be displayed on the map with the specified icon. In this case, you can either use standard icons or upload your own image in SVG format.
Similar to the choice of an icon for displaying an object on the map, it is now possible to set an icon for a parameter in the model.
Sometimes after loading an SVG image, its color does not change in accordance with the set levels. In this case, open the picture through any text editor and remove the “fill” field. Then download the updated SVG image again. Now its color will change according to the specified levels.
A filter with advanced features is now available for the list of objects.
By default, 4 filter presets are available:
- online – objects connected to the platform;
- offline – objects disconnected from the platform;
- tracked – objects for which the follow mode is enabled (the map is fixed / centered behind the objects);
- with warning – objects that have unread critical messages.
The “and/or” setting determines how the activated filters will interact. Alternatively, you can create your own filter and save it for reuse.
Added the ability to apply some operations to a group of several objects at once.
There are 3 types of operations available:
- Modify objects – apply group changes on the objects tab “Editing”. This function is useful if you need to change the configuration for several objects or, for example, make changes to their description.
- Send command – send the same command to a group of devices. The result of command execution for each object will be visible in the interface of group actions.
- Change geofence events – select events that will be generated when entering and exiting a geofence for a group of objects. Only those geofences that are assigned to all selected objects will be visible in the list for group action.
Selection of starting coordinates
Now, on the object editing tab, it is possible to select the initial coordinates of the object. If after that the object sends its coordinates, then the option to select coordinates will no longer be available.
Visualization for percentage
Minor improvement in the display of percentages in the object log. Now for the parameters for which the unit of measurement is “percent”, a scale appears, which is filled in accordance with the obtained value.
In the settings of the handler, you can now specify the source for input data that is not in the batch received for processing. There are 2 options to choose from:
- take the last received value from history;
- replace with null.
In the first case, instead of the missing parameters in the package, the last sent values will be taken. In the second, null will be passed to the handler. This will allow, for example, to exclude or change the processing of incomplete batches.
Geofence creation interface
The interface for creating a new geofence has been simplified and improved. Now the creation of a geofence is closer to the process of creating other entities of the platform.
New type of geofences – route
A route is a geofence with a selected start, intermediate and endpoints. These points are automatically connected to each other along with the road graph. This type of geofence can be used to control deviations of a moving object from a given route. These events can be used in Logic scripts.
Rightech mobile app
In the application settings, it is now possible to change the current project.
Several small but noticeable changes on the map screen:
- the filter applied to the list of objects remains active when switching to the map;
- added a new marker – user location. The marker will only be visible if the Rightech app is allowed to receive location information. If this marker is not present, check the phone OS settings;
- added a button to go directly to the filter from the map screen;
- added a button to center the map on the user’s location.
- fixed several bugs of our MQTT broker: removed ping responses for an unauthorized object; added forced disconnection of TCP connection if an authorized client tries to send a second CONNECT packet;
- added new units of measurement for parameters: rubles, US dollars, euros;
- some icons in the interface of models have been changed;
- now you can edit the model through its top node (previously there was a separate window);
- fixed a bug with inability to remove an object from a picker;
- now the marker on the map appears after the first sending of coordinates (previously you had to refresh the page);
- fixed the problems that some users had when entering numbers into fields for numerical values in machines and bots (the last one in the line “0” was not erased, entering fractional numbers sometimes erased the value, etc.);
- automatons and handlers now have a button that allows you to immediately apply a filter to the list of objects and show those objects that are associated with this handler or automaton;
- minor changes to the roles interface and API tokens.
With every new release, we listen to your feedback. By combining your suggestions with our roadmap, we can continue to improve the platform while maintaining its ease of use.
Join our social networks and leave your feedback!